photo by kind courtesy of @atuktekt (*click the photo for details)

2013/07/16

Greens' YOHEI MIYAKE makes a legendary "Campaign MC" on his first day of 2013 Japan Upper House Elections (Part 2/2)


Greens Japan Candidate and artist YOHEI MIYAKE makes his premier appearance in Kichichoij, Tokyo, 4 July 2013 on the first day of Japan's 2013 Upper House Elections. (video now available with English subtitles!)


More videos of YOHEI and his friend TARO YAMAMOTO now available!



[Starts from around 20:30]

Tokyo Times, please

[Intro "Tokyo Times"]

[ Audience applauses ]


[ Speech resumes with Piano ]


Till today, after running around nationwide for 100 days—

I had adhered to something the vocalist and the baseball pitcher have in common.


You prepare your shoulder by a regular interval.


Play the game with your best. You give it all and can't even speak the next day. Stick to your interval.


That's how I have protected my performance but I can't keep it up like that in this situation.


Today, tomorrow, and day after tomorrow—I kept going.


Sometimes I was afraid my voice won't come out.


I was really scared, thinking I might loose my art to run for an election.


There was a time I took it out on those in my office and team—


like "I won't run unless you protect my musician side."


Yet, now, in our time—


"How to build a world without war" and—


"What to do with 400 nuclear power plants around the world?"


Those are the reality we cannot escape from.


So, music alone can't change the world but I think the world won't change without music.


I became gradually determined to exhaust all the possibilities between those.


So I felt clear yesterday.


I'll keep going this 17 days to finish all up.


They say the election results are already set in stone by the first day of campaign. Usually.


That means it's all "performance" from today and on.


"All done-deal"...that's politics we have had.


But we're about to make a new wave here—


When you take home rippling waves in your heart and pass that onto your family and friends,


I am convinced that something must happen in the next 17 days.


I realized it'll be all right even if I loose my voice.


Many of you showed up today even though I didn't solicit you or hesitated to do so.


I'm convinced every one of my boys and girls will join us at least once.


All of us will play music together. We have so many homies and I will do my part.


So I felt refreshed and noticed, "Oh, I still got my voice today."


[ Audience applauses ]

Power of prayers. Power of life.

Perhaps because you guys wished me to hang in here, I started feeling more energy than usual.


So I pushed myself to the limit and got this boiling heat inside me.



The Next—Is Your Turn!


[ Audience applauses ]

I think we cannot begin to solve problems on earth unless all of us turn so.

I want to tell kids, "Look at this river and that sea."


"That mountain used to be impossible to play in it"


"We worked hard to clean it up so you can play freely."


We were told by our parents like this, "When I was young, we could swim in that river."



I wanna tell the opposite. 


I seriously mean "Public Projects from Destruction to Regeneration."

For that, we need to charanke (discuss) with the very development works.


Today, none of first-class rivers in Japan is free of dam.


Worse rivers have as many as 200 dams.


Building dams just for the sake of it.


It has nothing to do with flood control. Actually that's causing rivers to flood and mountains to collapse.


They say it costs 10 times more to restore a river than to build a dam.


Fine.


Dear development workers,


If their work makes everyone happy, creates a sense of pride, and pays them 10 times more—I'd pay my tax!


I will be glad to pay!


Then I think they will change in 10 years.


They will start saying, "Please take good care of this river we worked hard to restore." I believe.


Many construction workers are in my generation.


They are troubled...between what their bosses want and what they want themselves.


I want to understand their feelings and deliver these to the Diet also.


And I want to put their feelings into work.


I want to appeal to spend money on where we'd rather spend it.


Not just appealing but getting involved myself.


I wanna see our happy faces and say,



"Hey Mr. Abe (PM), they're very pleased! Have you ever seen their faces like that?"


and I want him pleased, too.



Then I wanna charanke with him, get along, make friends, influence him and get influenced by him.


Hey that's what we do every day.


Music crosses over and mixes each other.


Every genres blends each other, leading to births of new music around the world right now.


The world of politics cannot become "one" yet.


Even those wanting to stop nuclear power plants have not become one due to various reasons.


So I will reach out, "Music has done that ages ago."


"Hip-hop and reggae mixed together already."


"Aren't they what's called Jazz or Rock?"


"With a sensitivity like this, like that. Let it be. Let's keep on going."


Tokyo Times


Kichijoji Times


[ Drum joins ]

For 5 years of adolescence since 15 plus a decade as the dog of war,

What to fear? I drove myself till today

Strive for the frontline in the shower of cherry blossom

FRONTLINE, MAIN THEME, MAIN LINE


I always wimped out on the very moment to jump on the stage

So I wore a mask of ogre to jump on the stage


My character couldn't rebel


I was rebellious not that I wanted


But that's all I could be

Compelled by something in me


Like a li'l kid with tearful eyes refuses an old boy's extortion and gets beaten up.


"Don't do it to me, Senior Rockefeller"


[ Audience laughs ]


I didn't know what I wanna be
But I did know what I didn't wanna be!


Tokyo Times

How many years past since then?

Over a great deal of waste, we get closer and closer to truth

Whether it's reasonable or unreasonable can't solve all.

At least once a life, everyone must face a world of the vast blank page all alone


In such a decisive moment of embarking, are you sure you're carrying—


Spirit on the left shoulder and


Lucifer on the right shoulder?

Mingling, calming and wandering in this city EARTH DIVER



"Once you start, you win?"No, life isn't that easy


Tracin' back my principles I almost forget

Once used to defeat, the only pill for the ill is to get over today


If the life breaks even, it's all right.


Let's make a deal 'tween this WORLD


And YOUR DREAM!

The SURVIVOR's EYE OF THE TIGER !


The voice that awakens your spirit dwells


In the very things you can't look straight

When the built-in-heaven touches the earth


And the built-on-earth touches the heaven,

Our future will begin


Tokyo Times

A reminiscent vacant lot, In the west to Kichijoji, the west to Chofu,

Mt. Fuji hazes there.I ooze tears


How come? I don't know


Rock is my life

Punk is my attitude

Oh, Funkness is my solution


I've been through the psychedelic revolution


Oh, that was me


Oh, that was me

Right now, Right here


Every sister, you are my soul music


Every brother, you are my blues music


And Rock is my life! Rock is my life!


Music is my life


I can't do anything about it

A rich man from somewhere came to me from the above


"Boy why are you doing something that isn't worth a dime?"


I only knew one answer,



"I keep doing because I don't know why!"


"I don't know."


Let's give Cro-magnon a big hand for the 3rd round!

[ Audience applauses ]

Tokyo Times

What an overwhelming scale, Megacity

Big enough to make humans feel small


I came to the center of this circle to discover Tokyo


But I feel I were furthering away from my target


Limestone caves of desires


Towers of traitors rise against gravity


This town is a trick art


Ups and downs, bigs and smalls get confusing


Water run up. Blood rained on the desert. The oil flows into the ocean.


Many mothers shed tears

Stock prices rose sharp and fell sharp

A few grimed


Above all, money might rain from the heaven!


INUNDATED SYSTEM


Heaven and Earth, Good and Evil

Are no use

A DJ stands in the booth on a melancholic afternoon before the opening

Around the time the orange sun peaks from the window,


The shadow from the needle tip walks on as it deepens


By the time the veil of darkness drapes down,


A poet vanishes alone into the flickering city

To the center of circle he kept turning away from, his face in a mixed of love and hate


What I learned from this city saturated by all is...


YES! Harmony with homies is POWER!


What I learned from resisting after resisting


Get up, Stand up


Don't Give the Fight—No, it's not that!


Get up, Stand up


Don't Give up to STOP the Fight!
Don't Give up to STOP the Fight!


Fists are easy


I've done a lot

I'm fed up with fighting


I've done it all

What I learned is the times of harmony with all the people like now is the best power.


This is Politics. This is Nation-building.This is Governance.


This is Nation. This is the People.


You Are the People. You Are the Power!


Everybody, You're the Power!Power!


Power! Invisible Power! You're the Power!


People!


Drink over heat and beat ("hito-bito"). You're the People!


[ Interlude ]

I remind the last night session

Our hang-out place, moodies, our room in Sakurazaka


I added grooves there, then multiplied, added again, and multiplied


Then I divided into the number of people


What's left was a moment.


Feels like a moment but we actually lives in a contiguous eternity


So we are all right


We can go back there anytime we want


Once this sound flows in, this voice resonates, and applause erupts,


No matter in what age or situation, we can all come back to here


In the heart, always we can return here

[His speech resume with music ]


For example, we call it "culture."
That's "culture" and "love."


I want to pass it onto children


"Culture as our largest export item." I really mean it.


The power of resourceless Japan is people power. Craftsmanship.


Not just music but all arts and performances, artisans, and handmades—those ARE the Japan power.


The Ministry of Culture only spends ¥100 billion ($1 billion) annually on cultural projects


So I'll go ahead to ask them


"Could you make it at least ¥300 billion ($3 billion)?"—just triple


They spent ¥900 billion ($9 billion) to buy 42 stealth aircrafts!


How did that happen?!


Where did bequerel (nuclear) inspectors go?!


"What is national defense? What is life?" I felt so, strongly.


That's what I want to talk about there.


¥300 billion for culture, even that triple is tiny compared with our current budget.



Ask for it. Speak up. Push me up. 
Let's all go to the Diet. All of us, together.


[ Audience cheers ]

Tokyo Times, Kichijoji Times

[ Song lyrics resume ]

The sun filled with wishes of 10 million people is setting again

[ Speech resumes ]


I love you. Please love me. I love you back.
Let it be a recycling society.


[ Song lyrics resume ]

Rock is my life, Punk is my attitude

Oh, Funkness is my solution


I've been through the psychedelic revolution


Oh, that was me, that was me


Right now, Right here

Sister, you are my soul


Brother, you are my blues

And Rock is my life! Rock is my life!


For what?


Break it up!

[ Music stops ]

"I Don't Know"

Yes I am. Yah Man!


[ Audience applause goes on ]

Town people of Kichijoji, I sincerely appreciate you for letting me keep it loud for a long time!

I hope those who didn't accept this today also felt something as well.


Starting now, these people here are really going to change the world and Japan.


We welcome to share our ride!


We might look unlikable at a glance yet all good people.


Thank You for Your Support!


[ Audience applauses and cheers ]

Give a big hands to all of us!

We got started today!


We are running through the next 17 days. 


I'd appreciate your support!

TARO YAMAMOTO for the Tokyo district!


YOHEI MIYAKE for the Proportional Nationwide district.


Please write it so! Thank you!


[ Audience applauses ]

Lastly, let's talk a bit about election.

Wow, that was incredible, Yohei Miyake!


Today is just a start. For the next 17 days, please repeat this every day:


"For the 2nd voting ballot, YOHEI MIKAYE!"


We have to cut off at 8 PM but we made a booth over there.


He'll be there so those who want a handshake, a snapshot, and a comment are welcome!


Besides, our fund is short and we need your help. Please tip in what you can before leaving.


We are going to run all the way. Please give him your support!


[ Audience cheers and applauses ]

¥ 300 million (=$3million) can run my TV commercial.

That's ¥10,000 each from 30,000 people. I bet it's possible.


Our donate box right there. Thanks for your help!


I really appreciate you all!


Tomorrow, I'll do a doubleheader in Shinjuku and Shinbashi.


Keep it coming, guys!



[ Audience applauses ]

Translated by an anonymous supporter
Adapted by "The Nomadic Transcription Unit"


MORE VIDEOS AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH!





0 件のコメント: